Top 10 beauty tips and tricks to enhance your natural glow
Last updated on June 29th, 2022 by Fitness Goal 4U
After a lot of trial and error, we can safely say that we have amassed a few golden techniques that form our top 10 beauty tips. These tips have stood the test of time, proven the effectiveness and have completely transformed the way we take care of our skin. If you’re curious to know what they are, read on.
1. Never give sunscreen a miss: Although this is one piece of advice you’ve probably heard a thousand times before, one more time won’t hurt. It is one of the best top 10 beauty tips we’re about to give you. Wear sunscreen every day irrespective of the season or whether you’re indoors or outdoors. Besides protecting your skin against the harmful UVA and UVB rays of the sun, it is also the best anti-aging tool you would ever use. A broad-spectrum sunscreen protects your skin against wrinkles, pigmentation, dark spots as well as skin cancer. Pick a sunscreen that has a non-comedogenic formula to prevent skin breakouts. The Pond’s Sun Protect Non-Oily Sunscreen SPF 50 is something we totally recommend. It has a non-oily, non-comedogenic and hypoallergenic formula that is suitable for all skin types and effectively protects skin against major skin problems caused due to sun exposure.
2. Always carry a lip balm: Lip balm is probably the most versatile product ever made and it is mandatory to have one with you at all times. Apart from the obvious, lip balm has some amazing beauty uses that will leave you pleasantly surprised. From moisturizing your cuticles, calming down frizzy hair or cowlicks to highlighting your face, this little hero does a lot more than just protect your lips from chapping. A tinted lip balm can be used to add a slight pop of color to your face when applied as a blush to your cheeks. A non-tinted lip balm can be lightly patted into cheekbones and the bridge of your nose to make your skin glow.
3. Layer skincare products the right way: If there is one question we get quite often, then it definitely has to be about how to layer skincare products correctly. This beauty tip for face will definitely change your skincare game and make the products work more effectively. Think of your skin as a sponge that wants to soak up all the good stuff that you give it in the form of skincare products. But in order for your skin to perfectly absorbing everything, it is important to layer the skincare products properly. Always start by applying thinner, watery textured products first and leave the thickest, creamiest products for the end. This helps the skin because heavy creams and oils help seal all the products that have been applied prior.
4. Keep your hands off your face as much as you can: That you need to avoid touching your face as much as possible, has to be one of the top 10 beauty tips ever! Your hands come in contact with a lot of things throughout the day and end up collecting a lot of dirt, grime, and germs. Each time you touch your face for anything, you are leaving behind a lot of germs, creating a minefield of potential zits. Avoid touching your face without thoroughly washing your hands with an antibacterial soap (nope, sanitizers don’t count here).
5. Drink the right kind of liquid: Although this sounds strange, hear us out, because this top beauty tip for face is extremely helpful. It is quite tempting to grab our hard-to-wake-up-without cup of strong morning coffee, is it really helping your skin in any way? According to dermatologists, choosing the right beverage can actually turn out to be a game-changer for your skin. Drink about half a liter of water every morning to brighten, oxygenate, and hydrate your skin. Drinking a glass of fresh green juices with lots of veggies every day for breakfast is another great way to transform your skin in a matter of days.
6. Remove your makeup without fail: If you’re someone who skips removing their makeup more often than not, then you may want to write this beauty tip down and paste it next to your bed as a gentle reminder. At the end of a long, tiring day, it can be super tempting to jump right into bed by just washing your face using a face wash. But this is the perfect gateway for bad skin. It is important to thoroughly clean and remove every last bit of makeup from your place before you go to sleep as failing to do so will clog your pores and give rise to bad zits and acne.
7. Exfoliate regularly without fail: Although all of us are aware of the umpteen benefits of this amazing beauty tip for face, we are also guilty of not exfoliating on a regular basis. Apart from sloughing away dead skin cells, exfoliating your skin is extremely important for any skincare treatment or cream to work effectively. Exfoliation thoroughly cleanses your pores from deep within, making it squeaky clean. Therefore it is mandatory to exfoliate at regular intervals to slough away the accumulated dead skin cells that are clogging your pores and forming a layer on your skin. It is also a great way to ensure that your makeup goes on smoothly without appearing cakey on the skin.
8. Setting spray will change your makeup game: By now, we are sure primer would have become an indispensable part of your routine to prep your skin for long-wearing makeup application. But if there is one more thing that you need to include in your beauty routine then it is a setting spray. After you finish your makeup, just a few spritzes of setting spray will keep everything in place. Makeup setting spray has found a place in our top 10 beauty tips because not only do they keep makeup from budging, they also have skin cooling, hydrating, brightening and glow-inducing benefits.
9. Get into the practice of double cleansing your face: Cleansing your face once seems like a task to most women, imagine double cleansing! Double cleansing is a fundamental step to achieving soft, glowing and flawless skin, but unfortunately, it is one beauty tip that is not talked about enough. This two-step cleansing process starts with an oil-based cleanser, which is then followed by a water-based one. The first step removes all traces of makeup and dust, while the second step aims to remove stubborn grime that usually stays behind. The process of double cleansing not only leaves your face clean AF, but it also eliminates the possibilities of clogged pores as well as acne.
10. Follow a healthy diet: This one amazing beauty tip for face is perhaps going to change your skincare game for the better. All your topical creams and serums will take longer to show results if you don’t pair it up with a healthy diet. Good skin and hair should always consist of a nutrition-rich diet that is an excellent mix of fruits, vegetables, nuts, cereals, and pulses. Increase the intake of raw or boiled food, include as many fruits and veggies in your meals as possible by choosing to have salads, smoothies, and juices.